Walk and Wine in the Prosecco Hills
Join Italiaoutdoors Food and Wine on one of our unique small group walking adventures, a tour of the lovely Prosecco region and other top wine regions of the Veneto, Italy. We will visit the province of Treviso, where spring is welcomed with the Primavera del Prosecco festival, a celebration of the wine, food, art and culture of the region. We will experience all of these, and more, as we walk each day through a different wine region of the Veneto. The Veneto is one of the largest wine producing regions in Europe, and we will discover the unique products of each DOC, from the world-renowned sparkling wine Prosecco, to lesser known regions such as Piave, Montello e Colli Asolani and Breganze. Wine Enthusiast named the Veneto one of the Top 10 Wine Destinations for 2012. Come visit with us!
Our daily explorations visit vineyards, wineries, larger cities and small hamlets of the area, with new discoveries around each corner - unknown wines; regional foods; history and local culture. Our afternoons provide an opportunity to relax and explore our new destination, with daily wine tastings and wonderful meals featuring the best in local cuisine. Our owners, Vernon McClure ("Italy's Best Local Guides 2013") and Kathy Bechtel, an Italian Wine Professional, personally lead each tour, limiting the group to 8 participants. Our intimate journeys are created to introduce our guests to the truly authentic Italy we visit; we are unique in our local expertise, from the most scenic vistas and hidden glimpses into history, to the regional foods and indigenous wines we find along the way.
Our seven day/six night Prosecco Walk and Wine Roads adventure:
2018 Tour Dates: March 18 - 24 and September 16 - 22, 2018.
$4395 USD ppdo*.
Limited to 8 participants, for a highly personalized experience, and the best access to small local producers
Have a small group of 4 or more? This trip can be run as a private tour for your group, for the same price. We can customize the week for the activity level and interests of your group, from fitness walk to more casual strolls. Pick your dates and contact us!
"Italy is always magical but this week created memories of a lifetime. Vernon and Kathy’s exceptional organization made for a wonderful experience." - DR, Boston
A few highlights of our tour:
- A stay in intimate winery villa hotels the heart of the DOCG Prosecco region
- Tasting prosecco wines from the Cartizze area, the “Grand Cru” of prosecco
- Private winery tours and daily tastings
- One night in the town of Asolo, the “City of a Hundred Horizons”
- Follow the steps of Hemingway along the Piave river
- Private cooking class
- Feast on regional specialties - risottos, radicchio, tiramisu
Our tour includes:
- Limited to 8 participants maximum
- 6 nights accommodations at 3 star or better hotels
- All ground transfers
- All breakfasts, snacks on the road as we bike, 3 dinners; the dinners include local wines
- Daily wine tastings
- All tips, gratuities, and local taxes
- Any entry fees to museums, villas, other venues we may visit
- Services of Vernon and Kathy throughout the trip
To sign up, send us an email. We personally work with each and every guest to answer all questions, and make sure our trip is customized to your abilities and preferences. We're also happy just to chat, and hear how you would like to travel.
* Single supplement of $300