A Perfect Pairing - Cycling and Prosecco!
Join Italiaoutdoors Food and Wine on one of our unique small group cycling adventures, a tour of the lovely Prosecco region and other top wine regions of the Veneto, Italy. We will visit the province of Treviso, where spring is welcomed with the Primavera del Prosecco festival, a celebration of the wine, food, art and culture of the region. We will join the local celebration as we bicycle each day through a different wine region of the Veneto, one of the largest wine producing regions in Europe, discovering the unique products of each DOC, from the world-renowned sparkling wine Prosecco, to lesser known regions such as Piave, Colli Berici, and Breganze. Wine Enthusiast named the Veneto one of the Top 10 Wine Destinations for 2012. Come visit with us!
Our daily rides explore vineyards, wineries, larger cities, and small hamlets of the area, with new discoveries around each corner - unknown wines; regional foods; history and local culture. Our afternoons provide an opportunity to relax and explore our new destination, with evening wine tastings and wonderful meals featuring the best in local cuisine. Our owners, Vernon McClure ("Italy's Best Local Guides 2013") and Kathy Bechtel personally lead each tour, limiting the group to 8 participants. Our intimate journeys are created to introduce our guests to the truly authentic Italy we visit; we are unique in our local expertise, from the biking routes and water stops, to the history, foods and wines we find along the way.
Our seven day/six night Bike the Prosecco Wine Roads adventure:
Limited to 8 participants, for a highly personalized experience, and the best access to small local producers
Have a small group of 4 or more? This trip can be run as a private bicycle tour for your group, for the same price. We can customize the rides for the skill and fitness level of your group, from expert climbers to casual tourist riders. Pick your dates and contact us!
"Italy is always magical but this week created memories of a lifetime. Vernon and Kathy’s exceptional organization made for a wonderful experience." - DR, Boston
A few highlights of our tour:
- Two nights in Conegliano, home to the esteemed wine college and the heart of the DOCG Prosecco region
- Tasting prosecco wines from the Cartizze area, the “Grand Cru” of prosecco
- Two nights in lovely Bassano del Grappa, at the foothills of the Alps
- A stop in the town of Asolo, the “Pearl of Treviso”
- A grappa tasting at the Poli distillery
- An introduction to the Breganze DOC, home to some wonderful reds and the white Vespaiolo
- The ancient walled city of Marostica, renowned for it’s cherries, which should be in season during our visit
- Two nights in a lovely locanda on the outskirts of Vicenza, the City of Palladio
Our tour includes:
- Limited to 8 participants maximum
- 6 nights accommodations at 3 star or better hotels
- All ground transfers
- All breakfasts, snacks on the road as we bike, 3 dinners; the dinners include local wines
- Daily wine tastings
- Bike rental, equipped with water bottle, bag, and GPS
- Support along bike route
- All tips, gratuities, and local taxes
- Any entry fees to museums, villas, other venues we may visit
- Services of Vernon and Kathy throughout the trip
To sign up, send us an email. We personally work with each and every guest to answer all questions, and make sure our trip is customized to your abilities and preferences. We're also happy just to chat, and hear how you would like to travel.
* Single supplement of $300
- Chefs on Bikes Tour Itinerary
- Bike Tours for Wine Lovers: Bike the Wine Roads
- Winter in Italy - Ski, Food and Wine
- Private Travel - Custom Bike Tours for all levels of Cyclists: Easy tourist routes to the most challenging climbs in the Dolomites
- Italiaoutdoors: Who We Are - your expert guides