Tour Umbria, The "Green Heart" of Italy
Lying just to the east of Tuscany, Umbria shares its natural beauty, medieval and Renaissance history and art, and wonderful food and wine. Only one thing is missing - the tourist crowds! Join Italiaoutdoors Food and Wine on our newest bike and wine tour, this one through the lovely untouched Umbrian countryside.
You will enjoy cycling through lush olive orchards and fertile vineyards that produce world-famous oils and wines. Lovely hilltop towns, rich in history, will give us plenty of opportunities to stop and explore ancient Roman ruins, castles, and cathedrals. We’ll visit Assisi and the grand Basilica di San Francisco, with it’s spectacular frescoes. Each evening, our private wine tastings will introduce you to the amazing regional nature of Italian wines, as we explore the famous wines of Umbria, from crisp white Orvieto to the intense Sagrantino.
Our Bike the Wine Roads of Umbria tour:
2017 Tour Dates: May 7 - 13, 2017.
7 days/6 nights
Tour Cost: $4295 USD, $300 single supplement
Includes: 6 nights accommodations in 3 star or better hotels, all ground transportation, 5 full days of cycling, guide services, all breakfasts, 3 dinners with wine, daily wine tastings.
Limited to 8 participants, for a highly personalized experience and the best access to small local producers.
Have a small group of 4 or more? This trip can be run as a private trip for your group, for the same price. We can customize the rides for the skill and fitness level of your group, from expert climbers to casual tourist riders.
A few highlights of our Umbria cycling adventure:
- Cycling through vineyards and olive orchards, with the Apennine mountains in the distance
- Discovering Umbria’s “liquid gold”, olive oil
- Tour of the Basilica di San Franceso d’Assisi, a UNESCO World Heritage site
- Enjoying a refreshing gelato in the ancient Roman town of Bevagna, and again in Montefalco, and again in....
- Indulging in a glass of robust Sagrantino wine and a simple pasta adorned with the local black truffles
- Daily wine tastings as we immerse ourselves in the history and flavors of Umbria
Our tour includes:
- Limited to 8 participants maximum
- 6 nights accommodations at 3+ star hotels
- All ground transfers
- All breakfasts, snacks on the road as we bike, 3 dinners; the dinners include local wines
- Wine tastings
- Bike rental, equipped with water bottle, bag, and GPS
- Support along bike route
- All tips, gratuities, and local taxes
- Any entry fees to museums, villas, other venues we may visit
- Services of two guides throughout the trip
- Bike Tours for Wine Lovers: Bike the Wine Roads
- Private Travel - Custom Bike Tours for all levels of Cyclists: Easy tourist routes to the most challenging climbs in the Dolomites
- Italiaoutdoors: Who We Are - your expert guides
- Contact Us