A Magical Week of Cycling in Tuscany
Join Italiaoutdoors Food and Wine on our distinctive bike and wine tour of the Tuscan countryside. Spend your day cycling through picturesque vineyards and serene olive orchards, stopping to explore ancient hilltop villages. Take a moment to immerse yourself in medieval and Renaissance history before enjoying a snack of bruschetta and a taste of Brunello with the locals. Each evening, our private wine tastings will introduce you to the amazing regional nature of Italian wines, as we explore the famous wines of Chianti, as well as lesser known regions such as Brunello di Montalcino, Vino Nobile di Montepulciano, and Vernaccia di San Gimignano, along with world-renowned Super Tuscans and Vin Santo.
Every Italiaoutdoors Food and Wine tour is designed and led by owners and expert guides Vernon McClure and Kathy Bechtel. Our small group size (4-8) allows us unparalleled access to small family producers, the opportunity to join the locals at their favorite neighborhood trattoria, or dine at that exclusive ten table ristorante. Together with the personalized attention of our owner/guides Kathy and Vernon, our tours deliver the ideal combination of guided activities with the freedom to relax, enjoy, and experience the spontaneous. We hope you can join us on this unique and intimate Tuscan journey as we explore one of the most beautiful regions in Italy ‘as a local’.
Our Bike the Wine Roads of Tuscany tour:
September 6 - 12, 2015
7 days/6 nights, Tour Cost: $4295 ppdo*
2016 dates: October 2 - 8, 2016
Includes: 6 nights accommodations in 3 star or better hotels, all ground transportation, 5 full days of cycling, guide services, all breakfasts, 3 dinners with wine, daily wine tastings.
We're welcoming single travelers on our tours with one of the lowest single supplements in the industry - only $300!
Limited to 8 participants, for a highly personalized experience and the best access to small local producers.
Have a small group of 4 or more? This trip can be run as a private trip for your group, for the same price. We can customize the rides for the skill and fitness level of your group, from expert climbers to casual tourist riders.
Highlights of our Tuscany adventure:
- Cycling through the scenic countryside of Tuscany, surrounded by vineyards and olive orchards
- Visiting a family estate to taste their wines and olive oils
- Stopping to refuel as the locals do, at a small cafe
- Daily wine tastings as we immerse ourselves in the history and flavors of the Tuscan wine scene
- The wine towns of Montepulciano and Montalcino, where we can sample wine at the local enoteca, and salumi at the famed town butcher
- Dining on our favorite Tuscan dishes: bistecca alla fiorentina with steaks from the local Chianina cattle, homemade pici pasta, many flavors of Pecorino cheeses, and the local salumi, spiced with fennel.
Our tour includes:
- Limited to 8 participants maximum
- 6 nights accommodations at 3+ star hotels
- All ground transfers
- All breakfasts, snacks on the road as we bike, 4 dinners; the dinners include local wines
- Wine tastings
- Bike rental, equipped with water bottle, bag, and GPS
- Support along bike route
- All tips, gratuities, and local taxes
- Any entry fees to museums, villas, other venues we may visit
- Services of two guides throughout the trip
- Single supplement of $600 - reduced to $300, a 50% savings!
- Chefs on Bikes Bicycle Tour
- Bike Tours for Wine Lovers: Bike the Wine Roads
- Winter in Italy - Ski, Food and Wine
- Private Travel - Custom Bike Tours for all levels of Cyclists: Easy tourist routes to the most challenging climbs in the Dolomites
- Italiaoutdoors: Who We Are - your expert guides
- Contact Us