Culinary Multi-Sport Tour in the Dolomites
The Dolomites represent the Best of Italy - majestic peaks and mountain meadows, diverse regional cuisine based on local specialties, and amazing wines made with rediscovered indigenous varietals. The ski lift systems allow easy access to spectacular hikes; flat well-maintained bike paths welcome cyclists of all levels to explore.
Our Dolomites hike and bike tour offers a week long adventure in the Dolomites, where you can experience all the wonderful activities this region has to offer - hiking along mountain trails, cycling through scenic valleys, gourmet dining, a hands on cooking class, private wine tasting and a winery tour.
Join Vernon McClure, trained mountain guide, and named one of Italy’s Best Local Guides and Kathy Bechtel, trained chef, food and wine blogger with WSET wine certification, on a unique, multi-sport journey through the Dolomites.
Our seven day/six night Hiking and Biking in the Dolomites adventure:
$4395 USD ppdo*, $300 single supplement.
2018 Dates: June 24 - 30, 2018
Highlights of our Dolomites hiking and cycling tour:
- resort town of Cortina d’Ampezzo, the site of the 1956 Winter Olympics
- spectacular views Sorapiss, distinctive with its huge perpendicular faces and irregular and rugged peaks
- Monte Cristallo and Lago di Misurina
- feasting on local specialties like casunziei in a mountain rifugio
- 3 days of cycling - flat routes through scenic valleys along bike paths
- a visit to Lienz, Austria
- private wine tastings and winery tour
- hands on cooking class
Our tour includes:
- Limited to 8 participants maximum
- 6 nights accommodations at 3 star or better hotels
- All ground transfers
- 2 days of guided hiking
- 3 days of guided cycling
- All breakfasts, snacks as we hike, 3 dinners; the dinners include local wines
- Wine tastings
- Cooking class
- All tips, gratuities, and local taxes
- Any entry fees to museums, villas, other venues we may visit
- Services of Vernon and Kathy throughout the trip.